Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Abbondanza....


Italian for "abundance". It's a word that's used when someone is trying to exclaim about how lush or abundant something is.....

Last week my middle son and I surprised my 92 year old italian grandpa at his weekly gathering place....."Porky's Pizza Palace".....You see at Porky's my grandpa isn't reminded of his age or the absence of my grandma. At Porky's Papa is reminded of the music that he loves and surrounded by friends strumming banjos and singing 30's and 40's music boldly and without intimidation. He is reminded of his youth as he stands up and 3 to 4 lady friends, trade off dancing the jitter bug to the fox trot with him.

As my son and I stood to join "Papa" on the dance floor for a series of line dances........there we were , three generations, enjoying a moment...... A teenager, logging this moment into memory, an elderly man, enjoying the moment and the moment....and a grandaughter/mother gracious that I am able to feel abundantly grateful of both......

Abbondanza.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: